Monday, March 7, 2011

Get ready to ride

It's time to get the winter rust off and get back to riding
I’m not quite the grey mare but I’m sure not the ripe 2 year old… with that being said preparing for riding season is not just about getting my horse back in shape again. I have to include a plan to get my body loosened up, moving right, and strengthened up again. So where do you start. You can spend all kinds of money at the gym over the winter and still not be ready to ride.  I would start with Pilates. It’s entirely focused on the core strength, flexibility and control…. That is exactly what you need to ride well. Classes at a gym or specialty facility can be very expensive. So bring the gym home with a cheap yoga ball. The smaller the ball the harder you have to work.

The yoga ball is not just for your horse to play soccer with!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment